About the Contest
On this hard time of lockdown, the dive industry (as many other) had to stop all activities…
As most of us have no other choice than staying home, we had an idea for you to keep your mind busy, remembering good times and going through all underwater picture you took over the last few years.
That’s why @critterjunkies Ambon decided to open an underwater photo challenge, from home, for all divers and ocean lovers.
The concept is simple: 4 categories, easy rules, 5€ per picture you submit and good prices to win.
The “collected money” will help us to support the local community, keep paying the salary of local staff and promote tourism and diving in Indonesia and especially Maluku Area (Ambon, Banda Neira, Kei island …) for the times after lockdown.
So here are the 4 different categories (and few examples)
- Macro Behaviour (feeding, mating, hunting, …)
- Macro Black and White (black&white filter or black&white critters, up to your imagination…)
- Banda Sea (Ambon Bay/Banda Sea, Macro to Wide angle, landscape, split shot…)
- Worldwide (Fresh water or ocean, diving in special environment, ice, cave….)
About the participation’s rules:
- Like our Instagram/ Facebook page and share this post
- Pictures in JPG. Format (Min 1500pixels and 10MB file size maximum)
- Enter your full name, location, date and a subject title for your picture
- Critter must be photographed in their natural habitat without any sign of stress
- All photo must be taken in or underwater by the photographer himself, any acts of copyright breach will be disqualified (we recommend you watermark your pictures)
- Picture can be submitted in different categories
How to join the Contest
How to submit your pictures:
- Send us your pictures by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- The management will check and approve your pictures
- Each submitted picture will cost you only 5 €, payment via Paypal-Link (5€) or Transferwise (80.000 IDR)
- final submission date is 15th August 2020
Win the Price
What can you win: (For all categories)
1st place: 3 full days diving (max 12 dives) with Critterjunkies Ambon
2nd place: 2 full days diving (max 8 dives)
3rd place: 3 free night dives
Critterjunkies Ambon will select the 10 best pictures per category but, for a matter of fairness and not to favor Critterjunkies customers only, a jury of 3 professional photographers (which doesn’t know our guests) will process the final vote.
Prices are unlimited in time and can be use as soon as we will reopen. (Hopefully in September 2020!)
The prices to win are as listed above, the winner will receive a digital voucher via email for the price won, this voucher cannot be exchanged to cash and cannot be transferred to a third person. The prices to win include the given number of dives but no other extras like rental equipment, private guide etc.
Winners will be informed by mail, and their pictures will be published on our Facebook/Instagram. With joining the contest, you give us the right to post your pictures on our social media, website and also to submit it to the local tourism department to support local tourism in the area. With joining the contest you agree to the contest rules specified above.
If you are not a photographer or diver, but you visited us or heard about us, and you still want to support us and the local community, feel free to send us an email for donation details.
Good luck for all of you and see you soon in Ambon for more diving!